Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This my be a stupid question to some of you but Ive been in the resto buisness for 15 years and this is my first 69 camaro.Whats the difference between the 69 standard fenders and 69 RS fenders?And will I have a problem putting the RS fenders on my SS?
Thanks

------------------
DON MAHAN

·
20,641 Posts
'

[This message has been edited by DOUG G (edited 04-08-2000).]

·
20,641 Posts
i think rs and ss are the same,but standard is different due to hideaway lights and such.check with D & R Classic,Ricks,or Paddock.

------------------

Doug G.
68 Camaro
406 ci.

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
The headlights on RS' have mounting points on the fenders. I also know the holes for the fender badges are different on rs and ss fenders. I don't know if the factory put rs fenders on SS' or not. I can tell you that there have been many posts on this site about converting non-rs cars to rs. Use the search function, you will find some good information!

------------------
...DjD
Topless'69
[email protected]

·
Registered
278 Posts
there are differences in the rs fender vs. the standard fender. (search archives). i don't think there are any diffs in weather the car is an ss or not, they just added the badges. it just depends on if you have a standard ss vs. a rs/ss.

------------------
To see a pic of my car, click here... pages.prodigy.net/mtbmtb/rf396ss.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Standard fenders and SS fenders are the same the only difference with the RS fenders is that there are a couple extra tabs for mounting the hideway headlights. You can use the RS fenders on a non RS car you just have to cut the tabs out to allow for the regular grille to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts