Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found the correct lug nut for a YA wheel? I tried my original ralley wheel lug nut and the aftermarket ones from Rick's. Where can I get an authentic looking nut and cap that actually fits the wheel?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:( Well I have some very sad and disappointing news. After posting the message above, I decided to give these wheels a closer inspection from a different view. It appears I was schmooked on eBay when I bought these wheels 2 years ago, and I'm just now realizing it.

The stampings are correct inside and out of the wheel, so I never considered these restored wheels to be incorrect, just assumed that I couldn't find the correct lug nut.

I also have an original YA (5th wheel spare) unrestored. Comparing the holes on the restored set vs the unrestored, it seems my unscrupulous wheel seller has bored out the holes. :eek: I can fit a 12mm socket through the holes in these, and only a 10mm in the unrestored. BUGGER!

So now what? Does anyone have a suggestion? DAMN IM MAD :mad: . I just received my new redlines from Diamond Back!

·
Registered
410 Posts
You can buy a set of lug nuts from www.gmpartsdirect.com that are made specifically for wheels that have had the holes enlarged. I can get you a part number if needed. Seems like they were about 80 bucks for a complete set. I bought a set for my 69 SS Chevelle wheels.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry about your luck Andy.

This is just my opinion on SS wheel lug nuts:

The originals are a stainless cap crimped over a standard lug. These thing love to seperate after being tightened a few times.

If you are not concerned about 100% originallity or competeing at the Super Chevy or Vette Fest level, the parts-store chrome lugs are beefier and hold up longer. The tapper also may be agressive enough to use with your oversized holes. And 99.5% of the show judges will never know.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts