Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i may someday replace the hood on my 69 ss 396, it has the stock
ss lovered hood now. since everyone has gone to the cowl
induction type, i thought i might be different and opt for the '67 vette big block type stinger hood that came on many of the baldwin
motion cars. i know decades ago they used to sell these at quite
a few places. anyone know who handles them now? are the scoops
functional with forced cold air induction? aren't they cowl induction from the back like the z/28 type? does this really force air in or just allow the carb to breathe fresh air - i read articles in some of my 30 years old old rod books and they said the front facing or under bumper scoops were by far the best and the backwards scoops had little forced air effect. if i go with a fiberglass hood will i have to use hood pins on the front or will my latch and existing hinges be ok if i find a good qauility hood? thanks, mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think with fiberglass you need to use hood pins not totally sure but 3 of my friends with fiber hoods have hood pins so i just figured. It keeps the weight down a little.

·
19,759 Posts
mike,yep thats a good looking hood,did you try motion? they are still in buss. and also hear that a&a made the hoods originally. good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
That is a nice looking hood. It was also used on the 1967 Yenko Camaros. The last one I saw that was for sale had an asking price of $1500.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts