Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is involved in putting Z stipes on a Z or SS for for that matter? Aprox cost? Is it a do it yourself project?

·
Registered
999 Posts
the easiest way is to get a stencil kit. i got mine from my wife, for a present, and everything you need to know is in the kit. it cost around 50.00 for the "z" stripes.
do a little sanding, take measurements, apply the stencil and paint. it's pretty easy if you have painting experience.
later,
bruce

·
Registered
534 Posts
Don't take the spoiler off, if you want it to look like it came from the factory. When a dealer added the spoiler and the car came with stripes already, you could see the stripes extending all way down the trunk lid. Just an FYI in case you didn't know. That's how you would know the spoiler was added by the dealer.

------------------
Jay 69 SS-350

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually, the stripes on a Z/28 stop under the rear spoiler,not flush with the front of it, if factory spoiler equipped.Other non Z/28 cars with the "Z" stripes,had the stripes all the way down the deck lid.The easiest way to tell if a car came with a rear spoiler factory is to look at the emblem holes.If there are 4 emblem holes under the spoiler(which are visible under the deck lid,with the spoiler on)It wasnt a factory spoiler equipped deck lid.As the emblem would be higher on the lid.I never used the stencil kit,but talked to guys that did.They said it worked slick.I measured the original stripes and copied the dimensions on paper.Laying them out took hours,and literally gave me a headache.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually what I may have to do is extend the front strips all the way to the grill. The current stipes currently stop about 4 inches before reaching the front grille. Any thoughts on extension of existing stripes?

·
Registered
278 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts