Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my rear harness back yesterday and when I press the brake they are all dim.

I did a search on here and from what I gather it is a brown socket on outside requiring a 1157 double filament bulb, 1156 bulb in white socket middle section and another 1156 (same base size but smaller bulb) in white socket most inner section?

Is this correct?

When I purchased bulbs at Napa they gave me single filament bulbs for the white sockets with same base size but two with smaller glass section so I am puzzled on this. Of course I didn't have the harness with me to notice.

Does this make sense? I figure either my bulbs are not right or I have a bad connection somewhere.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine were bright before taking it out to rewrap harness and replace bulbs though.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Tony - I assume because you have a middle bulb, this is a non RS vehicle. Check that the intermediate harness by the drivers kick panel is right and tight, then double check your ground at the trunk deck lid latch support, then make sure the bulbs are making full contact with the bottom of the sockets.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony - I assume because you have a middle bulb, this is a non RS vehicle. Check that the intermediate harness by the drivers kick panel is right and tight, then double check your ground at the trunk deck lid latch support, then make sure the bulbs are making full contact with the bottom of the sockets.
This was the issue. The small black wire in the harness wasn't screwed into the latch support. They are brighter now. I'm still not sure if the single filament bulbs with same base size and different bulb size go middle or inner. I currently have the smaller bulb size in the inner most section.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
The 1157's dual are for rear parking with turn signal and with brakes, the single filament 1156's are for reverse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts