Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toying with the idea of this conversion. Currently have the factory upper/lower arms in place with energy suspension bushings and cut factory coils per Global West
. The ride isn't bad but I'm wondering if there is a significant improvement to handling/ride if I go this route. Front tires are 245/45 17s. Not trying to build an autocross car but I do desire a more modern car feel when driving down the highway.
If tall upper ball joints and/or offset control arm rods nets good results then it may be money better spent than going with control arms that allow for more negative camber and coil-overs (Viking dual adjustable).
Has anybody done this? What is your impression?

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Better shocks will net you a better ride imho. No need for coilovers etc for your application. What are your current alignment settings?

Don

Reactions: 130fe

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find the actual specs printout from the alignment rack but I tried for the street specs that Mr. Pozzi has listed. If I remember correctly he calls for -.25 to -.5 camber but we couldn't get any negative in it at all. IF I'm remembering correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts