Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any plasce on the web where Ican get a wiring diagram for a 69?

My 69 died a few weeks ago and totally drained the battery while I was driving it. I thought it was the regulator so I changed it and charged up the battery. It is still dead so I removed the red wire that from the postive battery cable and a one lug terminal block located behind the battery (towards the passenger side of the car). With this wire removed from the battery cable, I measure about 24 Ohms between it and ground, so I suspect that something connected to this circuit is drained the battery...

Any ideas of how to trouble shoot this or anyone with a wiring diagram?

Thanks

japper

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
japper the Camaro Factory Assembly Manual has a complete wiring diagram and its one of the most usefull tools you should have for your camaro. They are offered thru our site sponsor Ground Up as well as on ebay and other resto places. good luck, chasing elec. is never easy but it is fixable.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
John's probably onto something. Disconnect the power lead from the alternator and see if you still measure 24 ohms. Diodes in the alternator can short causing a drain on the battery.

-dnult

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I've got the '69 wiring diagrams in an album on webshots - look in my signature...

good luck, John

Originally posted by japper:
Is there any plasce on the web where Ican get a wiring diagram for a 69?

My 69 died a few weeks ago and totally drained the battery while I was driving it. I thought it was the regulator so I changed it and charged up the battery. It is still dead so I removed the red wire that from the postive battery cable and a one lug terminal block located behind the battery (towards the passenger side of the car). With this wire removed from the battery cable, I measure about 24 Ohms between it and ground, so I suspect that something connected to this circuit is drained the battery...

Any ideas of how to trouble shoot this or anyone with a wiring diagram?

Thanks

japper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts