Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of tires that were 275/60/15 and didn't even try to mount them. It was obvious they wouldn't fit. My old leafs probably let the car sag a little, but how much tire can I fit under there? I want some MT ET Streets, but just don't know what size to run. Anyone have a comparable situation?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I ordered a set of tires that were 275/60/15 and didn't even try to mount them. It was obvious they wouldn't fit. My old leafs probably let the car sag a little, but how much tire can I fit under there? I want some MT ET Streets, but just don't know what size to run. Anyone have a comparable situation?

Im running 275/50/15 MT DR's. They are on 15x8's with 4.5" bs wheels.

·
Registered
472 Posts
A 275 will fit but you will need to;
1) correct your suspension(JCW springs are popular for this) to elevate the quarter lip well above the tire, or if your mono's aren't too bad;
2) use a wheel with the correct backspacing to allow the tire to center perfectly in the wheel well (even with this you'd probably need to trim some from the quarter well lip).
Doing both of the above is actually the best fix.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a set of 275/60-15 on my car and I do have the mono spring(not new springs) the trick to getting them to work is 4.5 back spacing on your wheels.I also used a 7" rally rim(see signiture) fit great.No problem.I also use the 235/60-15 on the front,with the same rim size.15x7 rally with 4.5 back spacing. Hope this helps....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts