Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Could anyone provide any insight on this listing I am following on FB.
I have been looking for my long lost Z I sold back in 1991. I have asked Seller directly for VIN or even a partial VIN but he is unwilling to disclose.
Maybe it has surfaced here before? Says he purchased in the quad cities and rest of Car "nowhere to be found".
Thanks in advance - NC

https://www.facebook.com/groups/772878802779778?view=permalink&id=3294766980590935

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
That's about $13K too high.

·
13,743 Posts
A guy can ask what a guy wants to ask for his stuff.

He does need to put down the pipe when doing so. Lol

Reactions: yellow69RS

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
If your only interest is if it happens to be your old car, but he won't divulge the VIN, give him the last 3 digits of the one you owned and ask if it's a match. If so, give him more of the sequence number and see where it goes. However if by some miracle it is your old car, you'd probably lose any chance to negotiate the price down, so you'd have to REALLY want that car back to pay the asking price.

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Don't know how much I would believe that. Everytime I sell something on FB, I delete the ad. Probably trying to save face and listed somewhere else, or sobered up.

·
Registered
1969 Z28 Camaro X33 Tuxedo Black
48 Posts
I think you can buy a whole new shell for arounf that asking price. Buy the new shell and make it like your car.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
I think you can buy a whole new shell for arounf that asking price. Buy the new shell and make it like your car.
For one thing there are no tags on a DCorn body or hidden Vins. Another is the panel fit and construction is not plug and play, and many mods are needed to make it correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts