Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the time has come to start building the rally green X66 for my wife. She has been wanting a 69 camaro for some time now.
It has a jb code 69 block, 67 camaro 12 bolt, and will get a 4L80e trans.

I have verified this is a real X66. I can supply vin for the archives if requested.

This car will be built to the wifes specs.

and the boss....

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Jeff,

Should be a fun project. And I am sure you want to keep the boss happy. :D

Kurt will probably want the information for the CRG database.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice project. You gonna badge it SS, paint it Hugger Orange and add some Z/28 stripes?
lol! you obviously have seen my other posts.

it will be somewhat stock appearing. exterior will be 99% stock other than 15" wheels and rs package.

interior will be completey stock

engine will get aluminum heads and intake.
trans will most likely be a 4l80e.

and will also be getting a vinyl top.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I can help get you in the ballpark with cam selection
CSTRAUB here designs and grinds cams
WOLFPLACE on Team Chevelle is a WD on a lot of the engine parts that you might need, especially heads. He can usually save you a buck or two

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
4l80E is a huge very heavy transmission. Maybe not the best choice... Unless you have a trans expert helping you with trans choices, I'd be doing some research. Self and several others brought up 4L80E to our local guru, he is no fan of these.

I'll be shooting my 68 Ragtop in a few weeks with Rallye Green. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am not a fan of the 700R4 so that's why i was leaning towards the 4L80e. i will go with jakes transmission when I'm ready.
thanks for the heads up on the engine parts.

pulled the cover off the diff. tonight. has a Richmond 3.73 ring and pinion.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
you are all set then for an OD
For my car...was gonna go mild 396, had Will Strange build me a beefed 2004R. I then had a change of heart, mpg and handling brought me back to the original 327 (with upgrades) .

2004R has a 2.74 1st gear so with 3.73, the launch would be like a th350 with 4.10s
in OD, will be like 2.50 gearing.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got all the old suspension off the front of the car today. also thru a dial indicator on the rear to check backlash. glad i did. .030! picking up a ring and pinion shim pack tomorrow. should have brakes and suspension finished this week.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got all the old suspension off the front of the car today. also thru a dial indicator on the rear to check backlash. glad i did. .030! picking up a ring and pinion shim pack tomorrow. should have brakes and suspension finished this week.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
finally got around to setting up the rear end. sorry for the crappy pic.

also installed new rear brakes, wheel cylinders, and drums. snapped this pic of a Georgia clay mud dobber in the rear wheel housing.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts