Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im so excited i had to post ... went to Kalamazoo Michigan toady for the streetrod north nats ...had a good swap meet...

i came across a pair of 69 XT coded wheels with SNOWTIRES on them ...i thought i was seeing things so i put my glasses on and sure enough XT CODED 69 dated wheels ...
has the 2 little humps on them and all...

GET THIS .. the guy was asking $ 35 .00 and i got him down to $30 !!!!!

what a score .
bought some other camaro goodies too but the wheels were the big deal of the day...

Now , if i can find 2 more ..LOL

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Where are the codes on the wheels? Would like to know if mine are originals :)

Jim

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
JC, I officially hate you. You know how hard it is to find good snow tires at a price like that? :D

Glad you did well. Jon.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yep , the XT is about 1/2 or so from the vavle stem and the date is to the other side of it .

i think there are codes INSIDE the rim as well stating 14x7 and maybe a JJ as well
ONCE I GET THESE FINE EAXAPLES OF SNOW TIRES OFF , I WILL LOOK.

If you need the snow tires Jon , we can work out a deal im sure ..lmao.

GOODGUYS INDY NEXT WEEKEND.

HOW WAS THE STOCK DRAGS Penningtons do good ?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys... it was worth going for sure ..and Nice to get out for a change. been a rough year and havent felt well after the wreck in march.

i picked up a pair of R & L original 67 Headlight door assemblies ..complete & good shape.
i needed one motor so i took a chance ..NO LUCK there , both are froze ...DONT KNOW IF I CAN GET THE HEADLIGHT MOTORS REBUILT OR NOT ???
But , for what i paid , Im happy and on the shelf they go.

picked up a Nice GM rear spoiler too..no cracks and studs still there ..even has the plates on the bottom ends. the guy SWORE it was a 69 camaro rear but i thought it looked short ...IT WAS ..i guess it could be off a early car but its the short one so , on the shelf it goes to...for $60. it was worth it .

Hey Jon... how did the stock drags go ???
If you need these snow tires , I can make you a hell of a deal..THEY'RE PRETTY NICE ...LMAO

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Well, Julie was the fastest car there..... Too bad, cause the car went 11.492 on a NHRA mandated 11.5 for cars without a roll bar. Like they say, there's always next year or the next meet, and her next meet is not at a NHRA track so there is no break out rule in effect. We expect she will be in the high 10's her next time out, with the cooler weather and all.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
heres a pic of the wheels i picked up ... i already had the snow tires removed and mounted up 2 of 4 of the Goodyear Polyglass F-70-14s i picked up for $100 at Skips Swapmeet in michigan last year.

i thought it was a 9 but it looks like its a K 1 8 date code

forgot to add , When we took the snow tires off , inside the rim was 14x7 JJ and there was BLUE paint , looked to be a dusk blue color or VERY close.
wasnt a spary bomb look , it looked like original color .

going to sand the wheels down n see if the same color may be under the black

·
Premium Member
6,547 Posts
Those are probably late 1968 made wheels. Nice buy.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
You dog! I have been hunting for XT wheels. Hoping to get four to match the original one in my trunk.

Nice find for sure. :thumbsup:

:beers:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was talking with a guy that was at the same swapmeet last week where i got these...IM SO ASHAMED OF MYSELF...I MISSED A BETTER DEAL.
he said he found a LIQUID TIRE CHAIN CANISTER ( and i saw that but passed ) and he said the guy had the set up that goes in the trunk as well.
HE SAID , it was in a BOX full of other junk and didnt know what he had .. THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RUSH ...lol

i know they didnt put those in very many cars , maybe a couple thousand at best i believe.

going to another swap SAT , maybe lightning will strike twice and i can find 2 more ...
i wont even mind paying more if i have to ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts