Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard of the installing dealer stamping a partial VIN on a warranty replacement 302 in 1969? If you have any specific info on this please let me know. Thanks.

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

1969 SS: Matching # 350/300, M20 4-spd, 3.55 12-bolt posi, Daytona Yellow, Black Houndstooth, Factory Gauges, Spoilers, etc.

'85 Z/28, Rare Factory Yellow, 355 TPI w/ Crane Compu-Cam 2040, Crane adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 22# Injectors, TPIS Airfoil, K&N filters, Hypertech ThermoMaster Stage 2 Chip for '85 Vette, 160 Degree Thermostat, DynoMax Cat Back Exhaust, Rebuilt/Updated 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.23 posi rearend.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Funny, I talked to this fellow about two weeks ago, apparantly he was a G.M. partsman for many years. According to what he said G.M. had a specific replacement block for every individual 1st gen Zed built. Anybody else know about this?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
frankk, You talked to what fellow? It wasn't me. The car I am refering to I just bought in Washington and the guy I bought it from was not a GM parts man (very young guy, car in family for almost 20 years). The car has a CE stamped block with almost all of the original engine accessories. Below the CE # it has stamped L (assembly plant for car) 4321 (last 4 digits of cars VIN) and DZ. So it looks like L4321DZ. I would suspect it was done by an owner trying to pass it off as orginal motor to some uneducated buyer if it had not been in this family for so long.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
frankk, I reread your post and understand now. When you said "I was talking to this fellow" I assumed you meant someone relating to this specific car. I now understand it had nothing to do with this car specifically. I am a little slow sometimes!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dennis, I did sell the Cortez BB to a denist in Florida (ebay). He loves it and even puts gasoline in it! (Inside Joke). So money was burning a hole in my pocket and I bought a Rally Green Z/28 to play with this winter. Any news on where WWC/CCI west coast show will be next year? We are looking forward to seeing you and all our CA Camaro friends again next summer!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Hey DW, was that the Z28 on Ebay? I remember seeing one that had the last 4 digits stamped into it.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
I remember this car. We had a couple of people ask us about the car.
Never seen anything like it and there was no GM procedure for the dealers to do something like this. I doubt a dealer would do it cause... why waste the time/ for what purpose.
More likely someone didn't understand 'matching #'s'.

------------------
Kurt S.
CRG www.camaros.org

1 - 11 of 11 Posts