Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Z/28 and after 45 years it looks like the front coils are sagging. I am running BF Goodrich T/A's size 215/65 R15 with manual steering. Currently from the center of the Rallye wheel cap to the fender lip is 12 inches. I do have an issue with the tires rubbing occasionaly and have ripped off the moldings in the past. Can anyone tell me what the measurements from the center of the cap to the feder lip is for both the Moog 6308 and 6320 springs? Thanks You

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You lots of good responses, I think if I got a half inch over the 12 inches I have now it would be fine. If anyone knows the measurement using a 6320 from the center of the cap to the fender lip it would be helpull. Davids site had on it 6308's were 12.5 inches.
I did read somewhere else, that I can't find now that the he used 6320's as he was to chicken to use the 6308's. That makes me think the 6320's would be taller ride height. But he did not say what the nimbers were.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Bob double check what ever info you find out. It took me 3 months to come up with my set-up for my BB car. There seems to be a lot of mis-information out there. I called just about every vendor too. Compare ride height, spring rates etc with each spring you are interested in.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never thought this would be so complicated. I am not an enginner and the spring rates, thickness and free height are like greek to me. Seems the 6308 is the one most people seem to favor.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I went through this same situation a year ago with my '67 smallblock hardtop. I came to the conclusion that Moog 6320 and 6308 were the best options. I am also convinced that 6320's give a slightly taller stance (maybe only by a 1/2 inch at most) than the 6308. Remember all cars and their weight are different. I used the 6320 and am completely satisfied with the stock looking stance. Now because '69 camaros have a flat wheelwell, I personally like the look of a wheel/tire tucked into the well just a bit. Seems to give it a more stock look to me. I agree with your choice, and would go with the 6308 on your '69.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I put in the moog 6320 spring on my car and I love them.I have a 235-15 tire on the front and It is 25 3/4'' from the ground to the wheel moulding.It looks to be 13 3/4'' from the center cap to the wheel moulding.I am glad I went with the 6320 spring verses the 6308.My opinion is that the 6308 will be about 1/2'' lower and a little softer spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts