Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would a 69 Z/28 tribute car be worth if it had a complete true 69 DZ drive train? Motor, trans., and rearend.

Compared to a look alike tribute.

Thanks in advance.

Rick:beers:

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Okay I'll take a shot at this one and say $35 to $40k, if the drivetrain runs out strong and the body looks good without any rust. If I had such a car, I would consider buying another X33 or X77 car that didn't have a 302 and swap the drivetrain between the two cars. Charlie 69 RS (matching numbers)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Charlie.

I appreciate the input and hope to get more opinions.

I would without doubt look for a very good body to work with.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would say mid thirty's depending on the quality and extent of the restoration. I would think that if the dz drivetrain is all there carb to pan and ready to go and includes the rear and trans it should be worth $15k alone.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The carb is missing and the heads are 1969 dated 492's, the short block is an untouched original.

I've got a bunch of starters,water pumps, .... from the cars I've had over the years to check for numbers and dates to see whether I still have originals.

Back then those things didn't matter so much.

Thanks for the opinions and help guys.:beers:

Rick

·
Registered
237 Posts
Rick if you decide not to build the car I would be interested in the complete drivetrain. I have a done car begging for that drivetrain and rear. P.M me if you decide to sell.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rick if you decide not to build the car I would be interested in the complete drivetrain. I have a done car begging for that drivetrain and rear. P.M me if you decide to sell.
Mike,

I will let everyone that contacted me about this know.. if and when I decide what I want to do.
I hate the thought of letting this stuff go, but I've sat on it for about 20 years.

Hell, with that list of cars are you sure you wouldn't like to donate one to the build DZRick a 69 Camaro foundation......lol

Rick:beers:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ha! Those are the keepers. I do buy sell and build them on the side but yes some I keep. We can talk about a deal on your vette though!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had the Vette since 1989, at this point it's definately a keeper.
I'm getting my L88 hood and rear valance ( just added the sidepipes ) painted in a couple of weeks, I'll swap hoods every few months or every other year.

Tempting offer though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts