Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently restoring my boss's z and need to know if the inside of the wheelwells are supossed to be undercoated. it's about ready to go to paint. hopefully in the next couple of weeks if the weather will warm up.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
My Z is untouched and it has it on the front as well...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again for the correct info. it's great to talk to people who will not try to steer you in the wrong direction.:thumbsup:

--------------------------
67 emarald turquoise black vinyl top 350/ 350 restored completely by me in my home shop.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I wonder if the Van Nuys plant only did the rear w/sound and undercoat, Mine only had it in the rear. I belive it has asbestose so be carefull. I misread some thing when I restored mine thinking it was a dealer instaled and removed it to paint wells. I later found it was factory in the wells only. Anywhere else on the car it was dealer or aftermarket. Had I known I had no rust to worry about there and it was factory I would have left it. Looks nice in paint tho.

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
My Van Nuys built 69 only has it in the rear wells. It was an original untouched car.

·
Premium Member
10,083 Posts
I was wondering about this topic also. I bought what looks to be an original fender extention for my '69. It has undercoating, but the orginals from the car do not. The front inners have undercoating, as the rears do.

My plan is to keep the original undercoating.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i worked at a chevy dealership back then and they pretty much undercoated every car before it went out....just a standard practice at that dealership back then. but that's in south jersey, other dealerships might not have done that. it think the reasoning was that they were getting to many noise complaints from the stones when they would hit inside the wheelwells.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts