Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting on my brakes. 69 Z28 that’s been sitting for 25 years... regarding my front disc, what should i be rebuilding vs reusing vs replacing?
So far I’ve replaced the bleeder screws, master cylinder, soft line and banjo bolts.... what about the rotors and calipers and hardlines, booster?

here’s a pic of the general condition...
4EDF0EBE-5DBA-405F-B6DF-685399DC5E29.jpeg

·
Registered
352 Posts
25 years is hard on rubber. If your funding allows, replace all of the rubber hoses. Rebuild the calipers and wheel cylinders, as well as the master cylinder. Turn the rotors and drums or clean them up with emery cloth.
If the brakes quit, you put the whole car at risk. That's what needs to be RIGHT.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
25 years is hard on rubber. If your funding allows, replace all of the rubber hoses. Rebuild the calipers and wheel cylinders, as well as the master cylinder. Turn the rotors and drums or clean them up with emery cloth.
If the brakes quit, you put the whole car at risk. That's what needs to be RIGHT.
If you want to keep your original calipers then have them rebuilt / sleeved. Use the best quality parts you can find. Same goes for the Master.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to keep your original calipers then have them rebuilt / sleeved. Use the best quality parts you can find. Same goes for the Master.
I think I’m leaning towards replacing the rotors and calipers... obviously I’d have to get the one piece rotors, as far as the calipers should i look at a replacement single piston type? I’m wanting everything to stay relatively stock...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
you might be able to get a decent price for the calipers etc if you replace them.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Rebuild what you got. Not that expensive and original parts. Replace wheel bearings.

Reactions: buenymayor
1 - 6 of 6 Posts