Team Camaro Tech banner

69 Z radiator. Where can I get it restored?

910 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  KevinW 
#1 ·
I have the orig radiator from my 69z. Doesn’t leak but looks ugly. Plus lot waxy substance inside it. May need re cored. Possible, just cleaned. Would prefer new core so find etc look good. Tanks need to be stripped, one shroud bracket fell off.
Who is considered the go to guy?
thx
ps. Also need power brake booster re coated etc.

#5 ·
I did just buy a cold case rad. Real nice, so far. Looks great.
I will re do the orig one and leave it in the box. I have the redone subframe with fresh 302 and muncie in it. Just sitting in the corner. Some day when I have car painted I will roll factory stuff back under car. I was never really into numbers. Always cared about what parts but not what came originally. I have it all, from smog to flywheel. So feel obligated to keep it all for eventual return. Or at least some can.

#8 ·
Both tanks have codes that match the application (z/28 in this case). The pass side tank has a month code that should pre-date the build date. Both are very important to numbers match Z owners and need to be retained! Also the top and bottom support bars are very noticeable if they are not retained with the new core.

Most new cores have new support bars already installed and most local radiator shops don't mess with swapping the support bars, so you are left with a radiator that is worth significantly less then what you started with.

Also the tag soldered on the pass tank shows the part number and stamped number that needs to be retained. read about radiators here on CRG: CRG Research Report - 1967-69 Cooling Systems

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.