Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 Camaro which I hydro plained on the Kansas turn pike two years ago,wiped out the whole rear of the car. And now I have been looking for two years and haved stoped and asked about many 69 camaros and I still get the same answers,not for sale,or were fixen er up. And now when I drive by most are still sitting there rusting to the ground . Are these people being asses,or are they just scared we may fix these cars up into what they are? {Thats awsome classic cars!} Thanks Walt

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sorry, but its nice to see that I am not the only one dealing with this.

(oh yea were going to fix it up for my son)
"few years later"
(oh were going to fix it up for my grandson)
"yea right"

·
Registered
215 Posts
Walt keep looking and you'll find what you want. I have a friend from high school who has a yellow 69 coupe with black interior and a 350 that has been sitting in his backyard for the last 3-5 years. I'll go ask him if he'll let it go.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Walt it took me four years of high school to find the car of my dreams. I faced the same troubles that you are. Keep in mind that the cars are out there. I know this sounds horrible, but hit people up right after the holidays, or after taxes are due. Often there is nothing better to make someone consider selling their "son's project car" than a nice fat bill. I found mine by accident. A man who worked with my uncle saw my dad's car, and said he had one in his garage that belonged to his dad, and that his dad had recently died. Told my uncle he wanted to be rid of it, and was asking 2500 for it. I asked my uncle if it had an engine and tranny, and when he said yes, I was ready to buy it on the spot. Went and looked at it. His dad had been collecting option packages for years. Had a balanced 360 in plastic, pistons in boxes, new intake, ready to be put back together, a b&m built th400, two sets of interior, one standard and one deluxe (with a fold down back seat). Speed warning speedo, factory a/c with all the ducts, compressor, two sets of front disc brakes, factory gm cowl induction hood, etc... There is more but just wanted you to see that this was a hell of a deal...I almost offered him more than 2500... almost.

Just wanted to let you know that if you look long enough for your car, eventually there will be a deal out there. Dont pick up the first thing that becomes available.

cfry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shadow53:
Walt keep looking and you'll find what you want. I have a friend from high school who has a yellow 69 coupe with black interior and a 350 that has been sitting in his backyard for the last 3-5 years. I'll go ask him if he'll let it go. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey shadow 53 sounds great let me know thanks Walt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Walt, I recently bought a 69 ss 396 375hp. I've known the owner for years, he bought the car in 1974, drove it a few times and it has been setting in his garage. In October I asked him about selling it and a few weeks later he quoted a price. I drove 500 miles in a rented truck with a car hauler to get it. Lots of work and now it is once again running.
Don't give up!! It will happen.
Arley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts