Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a garage find today... been sitting since early 90s.

looked at it yesterday for 20 minutes and got permission to come back today with a jack.
What i can tell is it is a true 69 Z28 with X77 D80 on tag. ZL2 hood with the telltale signs that it’s factory option... original sheet metal and surprisingly great condition. Slight rust on rear lip behind the tires, that’s it. Engine is period correct as it’s a true DZ block but is about a month too early for this Camaro. Trans is out of a 69 Vette. 8k tac, 2nd owner, paint is a driver quality, front disc, manual steering console. Block pad is V0409DZ... vin for this Camaro is 657xxx.

look at the pics, owner doesn’t want to sell but I’m confident he’ll sell around 20k.

let me know your opinions...

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's quite a find. Keep us posted.
will do! But is 20k about right? Will need to be gone completely through in and out, the paint i can live with, but I’m gonna have to put in at least another 15k to get it to a nice driver

·
Registered
1969 Z28 Camaro X33 Tuxedo Black
76 Posts
I wonder how Z28's are out there with no stripes? I'm pretty sure that was a possibility.

·
14,265 Posts
IDK Never seen a Z with a rear antenna on the drives side. If that what I'm seeing. T

If he doesn't want to sell it why do you believe he'll take $20K for it?

·
14,265 Posts
If it is solid, with minimal rust, 20k is a good price. I think.
The 57 57 on the trim tag identifies it as a Fanthom Green factory color which IMHO is a very nice color choice.
No 57 57 is the worst. I did a full #s match Z restoration a few years ago. Was a 57 57 car. When I went to sell it I had tons of buyers that would have paid my top dollar asking price if it was Black, Blue, Silver, Orange or anything except Fathom Green which was the original color I was talikint painting it when I wanted Cortez Silver or Black.

Staying with FG cost me $10K. Had I stayed with my gut I would have easily gotten $10K more for the car.

Reactions: jcabuilder

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
IDK Never seen a Z with a rear antenna on the drives side. If that what I'm seeing. T

If he doesn't want to sell it why do you believe he'll take $20K for it?
it does have a rear driver antenna... and he had no intention of selling i approached him. He mentioned 20k and i said i could do that and could be back on Monday with cash, which he gave an ok to...

·
Registered
1969 Z28 Camaro X33 Tuxedo Black
76 Posts
No 57 57 is the worst. I did a full #s match Z restoration a few years ago. Was a 57 57 car. When I went to sell it I had tons of buyers that would have paid my top dollar asking price if it was Black, Blue, Silver, Orange or anything except Fathom Green which was the original color I was talikint painting it when I wanted Cortez Silver or Black.

Staying with FG cost me $10K. Had I stayed with my gut I would have easily gotten $10K more for the car.
Green was a dime a dozen. Not a real demand color now days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I had the chance to buy that car for 20K, I would be at his door step first thing Monday with the cash. You could not get anything close to that in the north east for that price. I would get it mechanically sound and enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Helluvadeal

·
Registered
681 Posts
good find enjoy the "ride"
just finished a second gen ss one owner mostly original car myself that was last on the road in the 70 s
I kept it 90% original which was a lot of fun compared to past restorations

1 - 15 of 15 Posts