Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all but given up trying to find the correct date code master cylinder. Has anyone had experience with the aftermarket master cylinder that I see on E-bay for around $90.00? What is a good one to get ? Money is an object but I also want to do what is right . Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I wasn't aware they had date codes on them. My 68 one I bought doesn't. Rick's First Gen. has them for sale occasionally as I'm sure do others. My understanding from posts here and other sites is that the MC volume was made for that car and system and you have to stick with it. Unless something has changed, the MC's for these cars was somewhat plentiful, unlike the $2K fan blades for my car. I got one on E-scam for about $120 a few years ago and that was re-sleeved stainless, rebuilt. If you don't get any help from the others here, I can look up where I got mine.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I just checked the guy I bought mine from on E-bay. His user name is carsflash. He had two rebuilt 69 z MC's for $120. One had a May and one was July I think. He might have others or be able to get them. Like I said beats the Hell out of $2k fan blades.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I bought one of the after market 309 MC off eBay and have had great success with it. I can't remember his ID but they usually have the booster to go with it too if needed. There is no US stamp on it but besides that it correct. Just make sure you get one that takes the long rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts