Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have a 69Z28 it’s a matching numbers car, but over the years it has has a few tweaks. I am looking to put it back to factory spec but an having a few issues with the correct ride height. I am looking for the centre of hub ( or axle) to under side of guard ( guard lip) measurement.

I need to replace the front springs rear 4 leaf springs and all shocks and live in Australia so really want to get it right the first time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

D

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
The AIM ride height measurements will be affected by using reproduction or aftermarket parts, or by re-arching your original leaf springs. Your best bet is to research the closest replacement parts to the OEM items, and then cross your fingers you end up close to factory ride height specs once installed. Hard to try and work back from the ride height measurements to choose parts.
As well as the Moog suggestion above, try researching best replacement parts over at the CRG.
BTW- Welcome! Whereabouts are you?

·
Retired
26,657 Posts
Hi there,
I have a 69Z28 it’s a matching numbers car, but over the years it has has a few tweaks. I am looking to put it back to factory spec but an having a few issues with the correct ride height. I am looking for the centre of hub ( or axle) to under side of guard ( guard lip) measurement.

I need to replace the front springs rear 4 leaf springs and all shocks and live in Australia so really want to get it right the first time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

D
I've always advocated measuring from the center of the hub up to the fender lip because it eliminates the wheel and tire from the equation. The factory (reference the AIM page above) gives you the tire size and measures from the ground to given spots on the rocker. To use the factory measurements you need to know how tall your tires are. What size wheels and tires are you running? Stock on a Z was E70x15 (26.4" tall) and the really common modern tire size (235x60x15 is 26.1" tall.) for example is within .3" of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys Much appreciated,

Have checked out Pozzi Racing and given the chassis diagram to my mechanic.

Sorry not sure what the CRG is though?

Currently she is sitting on
Front 235/60/15 and Rear 273/60/15
Currently sitting centre of hub to guard lip
Front 12.5” and rear13.25”

Also came across
Eaton Detroit Springs who offer stock spec options..
Does anyone know if these guys are any good?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
CRG is the Camaro Research Group.
Focus on originality, so more relevant to your desire to get back stock ride height, plus any other factory details.
If you want OE spring appearance as well as arch profile, I believe Camaro Specialties in East Aurora NY offers the closest reproduction multi-leaf spring, but research is vital as things change from year to year.
Where in Aus are you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m located on the Mornington Peninsula, about 40 miles south of Melbourne in Victoria. Plenty of open road and country driving so really want to get the ride right.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
No worries Dave. I'm in the Central Tablelands of NSW, bit too far to offer any in-person help. But plenty of good folk here and on the CRG Forums, ask away!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts