Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i got a pair of 6x9's for x-mas, they wont fit in my rear package tray without cutting it up, and i was thinking about buying boxes, but the way the back window is (69 camaro) i dont think i would be able to see out of it if i stuffed the boxes back there, the boxes are about 8"s high. i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or had the same problem. let me know. thanks alot

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I just put in some 6x9 Pioneers two days ago. The car had some old (Blaupunkt) 6x9'' speakers in there that had long since stopped working, but the taper of the speaker supports going to the voice coil were much steeper on the old 6x9s, so I had to cut the holes out a little to fit in the Pioneers. After an hour of trying to make oblong holes with sheet metal scissors... I decided on a better way. I took out the old electric drill, chucked in a grinding wheel and had at it. They now fit quite nicely and it is good to be able to drive with tunes again after so long. Of course, the exhuast note from the Flowmasters is still in the background.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts