Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the car of my dreams. My uncle owned it for 50 years (bought it used 1 year old). He passed away I bought it from his estate.
Other than changing the rims and radio and rear speakers, the car is bone stock (3 of the original rims were in his back yard I'm having them restored now).
What do you think?
70 FIRST CAR SHOW WESTMIN MAIN ST 20210219.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Nice car. I would have one. Had a 77 Z28 that I basically gave t my dad when I bought the 85 IROC. Never imagined he would sell his 67 coupe or it would have been an even swap. Mistakes from not paying attention. I would take that car in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Very nice car, welcome to the forum. This picture of a car show on a nice main street setting make me jealous. I have 12" of snow here in Chi-Town. BBBRRR!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
They are great cars. I had one. Clean it up and keep it as original as possible. Changing the wheels back will improve the looks tremendously.

I would love to see more pictures of it.

Reactions: bills69

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Looks like fun, and yes, need more photos! :)

Reactions: bills69

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Great car, and glad to hear it stayed in the family.

Don't get hung up on 70 vs 70 1/2. According to federal regulations, my late build 69 Z/28 is a 70 model, and had to comply with 70 regulations.

From a legal point of view, the car is titled as a 70. The regulating agencies don't recognize half year increments.

Some early GM docs even referred to your car as a 70 1/2. Its just words. Doesn't change a darn thing about your car.

Main thing is you enjoy the car.

There are numerous references all over the place (some from so called experts) calling it a 70 1/2. If I owned one, I would just call it a 70 model.

·
Registered
1968 Z28 RS Camaro 302 British Green M.O.
250 Posts
Nice car. I would have one. Had a 77 Z28 that I basically gave t my dad when I bought the 85 IROC. Never imagined he would sell his 67 coupe or it would have been an even swap. Mistakes from not paying attention. I would take that car in a heartbeat.
Scott I didn't know you had a '68 Camaro ..More pic's??

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Dianna, I have had it since 1975, drove it and the 77 for a while before pulling it apart and redoing everything. Back on the road about end of 88. I don't have a lot of pictures right now, Can't get it out of the garage because of the dead Bonneville behind it. Having trouble posting what I do have. Keeps opening in a separate window.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dianna, I have had it since 1975, drove it and the 77 for a while before pulling it apart and redoing everything. Back on the road about end of 88. I don't have a lot of pictures right now, Can't get it out of the garage because of the dead Bonneville behind it. Having trouble posting what I do have. Keeps opening in a separate window.
Well if I'm still around I sure will keep my eyes open to see it. I'm sorta in middle of looking for a different place to move so I'll get on at less 3-4 times aweek for a few. Take care.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
She 's a beauty, A keeper for sure!
This may be easier. This is what I got. I have an 85 IROC Z the same color but the 68 is my passion even though I can't chase as much as before. Wnat to get it out but things have not been that well lately just have to walk past and sigh. Not going anywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
This may be easier. This is what I got. I have an 85 IROC Z the same color but the 68 is my passion even though I can't chase as much as before. Wnat to get it out but things have not been that well lately just have to walk past and sigh. Not going anywhere.
Man, I'd die if I couldn't be crusin' the Z...Took her out last nught after detailing and she got a lot of thumbs up!. I'm going to put some new pic's out later. Thanks for showing me your camaro Very nice!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts