Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the CalTrac front brackets, slide in the spring sockets with the stock bushings in place or are the solid bushings mandatory for fitment?

Thx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will the CalTrac front brackets, slide in the spring sockets with the stock bushings in place or are the solid bushings mandatory for fitment?

Thx
I would say no. The stock bushings are wider than the springs. The solid bushings leave room for not only the brackets, but also thick aluminum washers that mount outside the brackets. The solid bushings are at least 1/4 narrower EACH side to eave room for brackets and washers - they basically install flush with the spring eye. You are better off with the solid units anyway. I also added them to the rear mounts. (71 RS)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I sorta figured as much. I was trying to avoid removing the leafs.....the rear end has been shimmed and aligned...was trying not to disturb that but hey, all in a days work. Do the solid mounts add "road noise" ? Side note, I found my header leak on the 427. On the pass side, the dang a arm stud was rubbing against the header and rubbed a hole in the ceramic coated Headmans. Off it comes tomorrow for welding and a sawsall is going to contact that stud...it's 1 1/2" long, going to take a half inch off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts