Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tranny wont shift into 4th at wide open or 3/4 throttle. My engine will be turning 7000 rpm and STILL wont shift!! I hate this. How can I get away from the law if my car won't get over 120mph? Is there anything that I can do to make it shift into OD at WOT? p.s. just kidding about the law thing.:D

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have heard of high end builds that use some corvette components that let you have WOT in 4th. Suppose a manual valve body would do, though I haven't heard of anyone going manual in a 700r4.

Your car should be able to still do over 120 though :p I had my 92 chevy silverado going 135, takes a long time though since you can't WOT.

But there is no simple adjustment to allow you WOT or 3/4 throttle in 4th.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard of high end builds that use some corvette components that let you have WOT in 4th.

But there is no simple adjustment to allow you WOT or 3/4 throttle in 4th.
This is a BTO tranny, level 3. "High end build"? Not from my experience
I have 4.10's so I can't go very fast in 3rd and that sucks because I wanted takeoff and topend.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
My tranny wont shift into 4th at wide open or 3/4 throttle. My engine will be turning 7000 rpm and STILL wont shift!! I hate this. How can I get away from the law if my car won't get over 120mph? Is there anything that I can do to make it shift into OD at WOT? p.s. just kidding about the law thing.:D
If you lock the converter in third gear you should be able to get to 130+ with 26" tires, 140+ with 28" tires.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
As originally manufactured by GM, only TH700-R4 transmissions destined for the highest performance applications, such as Corvettes and IROC-Z Camaros, will shift into 4th gear (O.D.) at full throttle.

You will probably need to add a "Wide Open Throttle 3-4 Upshift Kit" such as B&M's part number 70249. This includes a couple of springs and spool valve's to modify the valve body.

http://www.bmracing.com/media/catalog/9.pdf (see page 6 of this catalog)

This is available thru Summit Racing for about $120.

Paul D.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
A corvette servo/vb or a servo/vb from an 87-90 350/305 IROC-Z is all you need. I took one out of my 90 iroc and put it in my 70 chevy c-10 and it ran like a champ...with a transgo rebuild kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts