Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm down to the last little bit of work on my 69 vert, I got a horseshoe shifter conversion for my 700R4 but with the way I did things on my vert it looks old with the new gauge pack and what not, is there any custom shifters from Hurst or B&M that will fit my console and work with a 700R4?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gosh I sure hope so has any one out there reconfigured a shifter to fit a 69 console?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
Im certianly not a purist, but the horseshoe shifter is my favorite part of the interior! My convert has a 700r4 and it still has the original shifter. I like the idea of updating things, but not being totaly obvious about it. Im all for trying new stuff....just thought id throw my .02

Jason

·
Registered
234 Posts
I put a B&M megashifter in my console on the 69 I used to have. This was about 7 or 8 years ago so I don't remember all the details but it was not hard at all. I think the hardest part was the top cover plate that I made out of stainless. It worked great. For my 68 I went back to the horseshoe. I like the looks and feel of that better. Do a search in the interior section. This was talked about a while back. John

·
Registered
17 Posts
OPG,Sells a console indicator lens for the 700r4 horeshoe console shifter.

All you have to do is fab a detent selecter, and your in business.

HTH,
GoodLuck
Troy-curt,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts