Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Z28 350 5.7 TPI and I am swaping to a TH350 from a TH700R4, can any one tell me what I have to do or is there a kit for this, I also am putting B/M hole shot 2400 stall in if makes a difference

·
Registered
503 Posts
B&M , Hurst and a probably a few others make the kit You will need to allow the Th350 to accept the Torque Arm that comes from the rear diff....since Your 700 has a speed sensor You will have to figure out what You need for Your speedo to work....www.jagsthatrun.com ....may help there....I cannot remember of the top of My head if the driveshaft will work or not.....You will need a different shifter....and, depending on the bolt pattern on Your new converter, You may or may not need a new flexplate....and there are probably a few items that I am missing....now.....like asked above....WHY?......a properly built 700R4 can take more power that Your rear diff can handle.....and You have the benefits of overdrive....

·
Registered
17 Posts
As for a shifter you can use the B&M Mega shifter(part#80692).It is a console fit.Available form Jegs,Summit or your local performance shop.Jegs makes a installation kit(part#130-30299) using a 2004r driveshaft.
I am not sure what you have to do about the speedo sensor. The 350 has a gear and is not electronic.If you are not drag racing. You will be better of w/ the 700r4. It can be built to withstand a substantial amount of power, thanks to our Pro Touring brothers. YOU HAVE TO FIND A REPUTABLE SHOP AND LET THEM KNOW WHAT YOUR INTENTIONS ARE.You can get away with big gears in the back and still retain highway driveability w/ a 700r4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be just driving track, or aroud town , so the over drive is not a big lose, it hepls for tickets on the high way, and the 350 i got is built up nicley already, and with the gears i have it sould help in the 1\4 mile.3.73
i have a new motor that i am bulding so the track will be more fun, but the money funds for the LT1 350, are scarse

1 - 5 of 5 Posts