Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently installed a 700R4 in my 68 Camaro. I used a TH350 crossmember and simply slid it backwards. I used the back holes in the frame with the front hole in the crossmember. I then drilled new back holes.

I haven't gotten my driveshaft shorten yet, but does anyone see any problem with my solution? Is there a problem with the tailshaft being too high and causing pinion angle problems? Anything???

Thanks for any help.
Robb

·
Registered
159 Posts
Your tailshaft will be high and pinion angle will be off.Good chance of u-joint problems down the road.I'd be thinking about doing some mods on the stock one or buy one from these guys at www.700r4.com for 149.00$ The one I bought works perfect.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I used my original 350 crossmember. I've had it in the car for about 3 years now. I drive the car hard, runs 12's and I've never heard a driveline sound.

------------------
68 468 700R4, and here it is;
mutert23

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MarkM

Did you simply slide the crossmember back as I described? Did you do anything to try and lower the trans?

Thanks
Robb

Love your car!!!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yup, I just slid it back, drilled new holes and bolted it in. I also timmed the front lip of the c/m a little to clear the tranny pan.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mark

I think I'll get a new stock replacement trans mount. The poly one that came with my kit is a little thicker that the old rubber one. Anyone else noticed this? This would raise it even further!

Thanks again
Robb

·
Registered
503 Posts
I did just as MarkM described on my 700R4 install, and I used a poly mount. I did this about 5 years ago, and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well,I checked with the "Driveshaft Gods" Inland Driveline Service....no matter what crossmember you use they told me I should have 3 to 4 deg. down angle on the transmission in realationship to the driveshaft.If anyone has any driveshaft questions they can got to www.iedls.com for information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts