Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just came back from the local swap meet and picked up a really nice California (A.I.R.) 7037203 (L6 DY) with the greenish aluminum id disc. It's in excellent condition and I thought I'd have it restored and re-sell to someone who could use it for their numbers/restoration project. I haven't a clue as to it's value. It's probably fairly rare because it's not a 49 state carb but that can be a double edged sword because there's a much smaller market. I paid $50. Did I do okay or did I get ripped? Thanks for your input and opinions.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Put your carb numbers up on Google, read the various responses in order to answer questions from potential buyers, then over to E-bay to see what like-numbered carbs went for in the past... I would hold off on the restoring of the unit as the dying process GM (Rochester) used back in '67 might be compromised by a restorer not utilizing the best cleaning process. If you could, I would kinda leave that to the buyer, as he might have a favorite carb restoration person that he uses if he deems the carb is valuable and right in date coded parameters specific to his project... I think you did real well for $50. Now yah just have to find the right purchaser... Oh yeah, dere's gonna be a few people who will say "it ain't worth nuttin' and will knock your purchase. Hang on if you don't need the dineros. Ted

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Rob, can you take some really good, clear pictures of the carb itself, and also of the date code, numbers, etc... for me? I'm currently working on a Carburetor article for the CRG and could use a few good pictures of original carbs. Especially Rochesters.

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks
Ed

·
Retired
16,030 Posts
Ed you have email pics :D

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Got them Jim. Thanks.

And for anyone else, I'm looking for good, clear close up pictures (in 300DPI or better and around 5"x5" or larger in size) of the original aluminum triangular tags that were attached to the tops of the carbs, 67 Q-jet application and date codes located on the round disks pressed into the sides of the carbs and 68-69 stamped application numbers and date codes.

Send them to me at [email protected]

Thanks boys and girls!

Ed

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi. I just came back from the local swap meet and picked up a really nice California (A.I.R.) 7037203 (L6 DY) with the greenish aluminum id disc. It's in excellent condition and I thought I'd have it restored and re-sell to someone who could use it for their numbers/restoration project. I haven't a clue as to it's value. It's probably fairly rare because it's not a 49 state carb but that can be a double edged sword because there's a much smaller market. I paid $50. Did I do okay or did I get ripped? Thanks for your input and opinions.
Old thread, do you still have this carb?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts