Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a 70's " a. c " firewall box that is controled by two cables,one for the temperature, and the other for the heat/ac(defroster/heater)control.I'm trying to replace my 73 ac box, that is controled by a vacumn line for the heat/ac , and the hot / cold is controled by a cable,with one that has two cables. What I'm asking is what 2'nd generation Camaro that has AC is controled by two cables versis one cable and one vacumn line ?

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
all the AC cars use vacuum, and the non AC cars use cables. easiest place to find a standard heater would probably be a 75-79 Nova without air conditioning, but you might get lucky and find a Camaro or firebird without AC, but they are kinda rare.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see dirty pics here of a car that gets driven http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well then ,it looks like maybe I'll have to see if a non-air box is the same size and bolts up to the firewall the same way. then I'll have to see if the AC heatercore fits in that box. Or maybe I'll have to use a non-AC core and put different holes in the firewall A N D then also get a non-AC firewall cover for my motor side of the firewall ! ! ! It never ends. Does onyone have any thoughts or ideas on the matter ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts