Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put dual exhast on my 77 Camaro but don't want to run them down the driveshaft valley. The car is already low enough and I don't want to lose my "stock" look by lifting the rear end or cringe whenever I see a speedbump. It's a 305 with a Competition 262 cam, Eidelbrock performer with an Eidelbrock 600cfm and a kitted TH350. Thanks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You can put dual mufflers on the car like the Z/28's and Trans Am had from that year. They still had single exhaust from the manifolds to the cat and in some states you are not allowed to alter the stock exhaust from the cat to the manifolds. Plus theres not much room under the car for a true daul exhaust.

------------------
70 camaro 307 (350soon) /350th

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Check out the flowmaster force II system with the crossflow muffler on it. Kinda pricey for duals but excellent ground clearance and sound. If you have headers its a bolt up deal (a little trimming of the head pipes is required). The pipe size is 2 1/2". I got mine from summit for $325.

------------------
'78 chevy truck-355, 9.4-1, vortec heads, XE268, vortec rpm intake, 750 edelbrock, flowtech headers and terminators.

'77 Nova-slowly progressing project.

'78 Nova-parts car?

'95 Lumina 3.4L DOHC 210hp daily driver

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have a '79 that I just had a new exhaust put on. I went to one exhaust shop and the guy told me no way in hell a 3" exhaust will fit under the car. I said, ok dude, even that several companies make exhaust systems for my car that size. I went to another exhaust shop and they said sure no problem. I supplied dual 3" flowmaster 40 series mufflers. They bent me up 3" pipes(they do run down the ds tunnel, no way to avoid this, sorry), hung my mufflers right in front of the axles, the bent up 2.5" tailpipes that go over the axles and exit behind the rear tires. Sounds great. I reasonably quiet considering my motor. I paid $240 for the pipes and $60 a piece for the mufflers.

-Joe

------------------
79' Z28 4-spd- built 355, TRW 10:1 forged flat tops, WP SportsmanII heads, Crane Energizer 230/230 duration .480"/.480" lift, Edelbrock Victor Jr., Holley 750cfm, Dynomax headers, dual 3" flowmasters :) 3.73 Posi 10-bolt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts