Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1967 350 4 speed i bought bare bones. I was told the rear axle in the car was incorrect. Not a problem, I have a complete (bolt-in ready) 8.5" 10 bolt from a 71 Nova. 2 Issues here: 1. I Removed the old axle housing, rear springs, spring mounts, shackles, etc. I cleaned the springs, installed new bushings and shackles and re-installed the rear springs. By the way, I am using a multi-spring set-up. I don't know how to line up the new axle housing to the springs(The perches are there and have never been removed). Should I use the original wheelbase figures? Or are there some points of measure under the car that I can use? 2. How do I know what my driveshaft length should be? Seems a bit tight under there right now without knowing where everything bolts up? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't mean that an 8.2 was not correct for the car. I meant that the one that was actually sold with the car was not original to the car and was just bolted in to be able to move the car(not something I actually want to use). Thanks to the other 2 posts, should be very helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.