Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new on here and I have my fingers crossed there is a guru that can help with wiring up an 8 track.

I have a 67 with an AM radio and just installed a factory 8 track. This car didn't originally have an 8 track but I had a hankering to cruise to a zeppelin tape! I can't find any info or a wiring diagram for the 8 track so I'm not sure how it all hooks up. Is there a switch or something that allows me to swap the input to the speaker from the radio to the 8 track and vice versa? Any help or idea's where I might find a radio/8 track/multiplex/etc wiring diagram would be very helpful. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,176 Posts
Yeah, welcome to the club man!:thumbsup:.....I remember I had an old Led Zeppelin 8 track tape, it was the Physical Graffiti album, when it was just released, I think it was 1975!.... Far out man!!:thumbsup::beers:

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Welcome! Yeah it's been kicked around now and then. Mine was ordered on my car by me and still works but it's a 69 and not the same as yours if memory serves. Wanna see? Ok;

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
8 tracks are a cool vintage option but being an old timer I sure don't miss having to stuff a matchbook under the tape to get them to track right or having the damn thing eat my favorite tape when you least expect it... I do remember how to pull out some tape & give it a good snap to tighten it back up though... On the plus side you can usually find cases of 8 track tapes at flea markets for next to nothing.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Ah, yet another reason 69's rule. The 8 track is on the console and doubles as an arm rest. The cover comes off with a small phillips and the tracking adjusting screw is in plain sight.:beers: Takes seconds. Even did it once. But my complaint is getting into the back seat with your date at the drive in. No biggie if she's 'world class' and is show-off-able. Just open the doors and jump in the back.:yes: But sometimes,,,,,:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts