Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I am considering the purchase of a hobby car however I am having a heck of a time figuring out what the engine is. Its not original, I will post the #s I found on it at the end of this thread. I have broken it down, found what when where and all that jaz but it really tells me nothing since I guess you could say I am new in the mechanics buisness. I need to find out what this engine is because it doesn't shift out of first gear. I don't think its anything to do with transmission because with a 350 in it about 6 months ago it ran fine. However the airlines do not seem to be in the right locations. Soooooo, if anyone also could point me in the right direction in the airline diagram department that would also be great. Can you see why I may be a bit discougared and frustrated yet. yep.
Anyhow, its an 1980 Z28 Camaro he's only asking $2000. And he will take payments. Body only has a 2x3" spot of rust on the lower wheel well. HHMMM.
Please help me if you can fellas. Thanks

vhicle vin: 1p87lal512101
engine: v1214dmh w/ partial vin on the engine: 19k483266
Again any help would be great

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, but are you sure its the 350? Here is the conflicting info I found.

FY Stamp RPO CID appl VIN HP BBLS Body/Comments

1979 DMH 267 L39 J 120 2 G
1981 DMH 350 Roch E4ME carb. L - 4 Camaro

I was also thinking possibly the 350ci, now I'm really not sure. I went to the flint web site, I may have to pull the heads to find out. Who knows, thanks though.
T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts