Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 84z28 camaro (305). I recently changed to a vacuum advanced distr, and a mechanical carb (eliminating the computer). I have the timing pretty close to perect, but my car doesn't seem to have it's full power though better than with origional components.It seems to take off fine for the first second or so, but then it looses a lot of go. What can I check/do to get my engine to perform properly? I have thought about gears, and intake, what do you suggest?What can i do?
I got the carburator out of a junkyard, it's a rodchester carb (quadrajet). The distributor I baught new at a parts store, which was made for a 70's model camaro. It went on and plugged in no problem, but I'm not sure where the numbers and stuff that you wanted off of it are.

[This message has been edited by Ibanshnez (edited 09-17-2000).]

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Make it run right before doing any more mods.. You'll only compound the problem if you don't.

Provide more info on the carb, and any adjustments you have doen to it. Also provide timing numbers, inital, total and how much vac advance.

------------------
...Dennis
Topless'69
Camaros Limited Nor-Cal
[email protected]e.net

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ibanshnez - Have you checked your fuel pressure?

BTW: Where in Fl?

------------------
Mark
1992 Firebird 355/Six Speed
1991 RS 350 / 700-R4
1987 Toyota Pickup 383 / 500 + HP 10.963 @ 119.95 Slicks / 11.997 @ 114.23 Radials

·
Registered
55 Posts
could it be something w/ the tranny? it happened w/ mine, and i took the tranny to get rebuilt, and it helped out alot

------------------
Black 82 Z28 t-top, 350 w/ TH350

1 - 4 of 4 Posts