Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 88 camaro with a 89' monte carlo 305 v8 engine my problem is that when i push the gas and have to brake the rpms come down but they come down to where the car acts like it wants to stall out or sometimes it does i have checked for vacume leaks and basically replaced every hose that was bad maybe someone else has a suggestion please?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
throttlebody motor???clean the iac motor...its the motor on the side of the throttlebody with a square looking plug with 4 wires going to it...unscrew it and clean the pintle and seat in the throttlebody housing...

·
Super Moderator
32,765 Posts
The next time you start to stop, place trans into neutral and come to a complete stop. If the engine doesn't stall and trans shifts to 1st gear when selecting Drive, then it might be either a misadjusted/broken brake switch at the pedal, I think. Or a bad solenoid inside the trans, or a loose connection just outside the trans, or a blown fuse.

It reads like the trans is not unlocking from overdrive or from torque convertor lock-up, thus providing more load onto the engine, and it stalls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts