Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ,. im lookin at buying a 89 RS camaro,. 80,000 miles, hard top, nice condition,. 2.8 litre 6-- what i was wondering,... is how much do those engines have?, im thinkin its probably got around 150 maybe, does it have a little balls,... or am i gonna get bored with it? im only 16 and i dont want a gas guzzler,.. soo the 2.8 sounds good,. but i think its pointless to get it , if its gonna be mad slow,.... just wonder what the hp and torque is on that car,.. thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey I'm selling my 1992 RS 25th anniversary camaro will that work? its got a 3.1 liter v-6 engine with an automatic overdrive transmission have 100,000 miles on it but runs hard and runs good very dependable car in damn good condition no rust good inside and out has a metallic blue paint job an auto-theft device, new exhaust put on well hey if your interested email me at [email protected] or call me 1712-343-6793, I normally wanted $5,000 for it but can live with your best offer, as long as its resonable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
oh yeah my 3.1 has 140 hp buts its still got some little balls it'll get up and go and teh car can top out at around 115-118 and gets pretty good gas mileage i think around 27 mpg hope i've helped ya out some.

·
Registered
234 Posts
HP is 135, torque is 160 ft.#'s.

Yes, it has "little balls" as you say, but you can't/shouldn't start off with a 500hp job.

This car probably looks good, and is functional. It generally isn't beat like a red headed step child (i.e. V8 model) and it's economical transportation. Unless it's a problematic lemon. So, you need to shop smart.

With 80K, it should have some life left. A couple V6's I had both went over 200K with regular maintenance.

I'd get it, learn how to drive, enjoy the car and take care of it. You can spruce it up as you go, just leave the mechanical end of things alone until you can afford to keep up with the joneses.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a 87 - 92 RS, but that would be a bad thing for me.
(hell, I've also toyed with getting a blown regal, but I come back to my senses or what little I have)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks nastyz---- theres this truck im looking at -- i offered him 3400 its a 91 1500 scottsdale 4x4 4.3 liter v6 the only prob is the gas mileage,. with the gas prices going up,. the only thing is,. the camaro's insurance price would make up for the wasted gas on the truck,. so it would pretty much even out,... i dont think he'll take 3,400 i'll wait a week,.. if he doesnt call back i'll get the camaro,.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok i have a 89 rs t-top if i put a 350 or big will it swist the body of the car and if so how do i stop it.:hurray:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts