Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 iroc 350 tpi, and have recently developed a high pitched whistle like noise coming from the front of the motor near the tpi...when the engine is shut-off it continues for about 3 seconds in a slowly decreasing pitch. I've checked around for air leaks and can't seem to narrow down the location. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
219 Posts
cooling system leak??

------------------
67 Camaro LS6 454/TH400/12bolt 3.73
1989 TransAm 5.7L WS6 W/all the options

www.geocities.com/akfourme/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply,the car runs perfect i would think such a leak would make it run funny. What the best way to find the leak? spray with soapy water? <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CA420:
Sounds like a vacuum leak to me

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
176 Posts
To find that whistle in the front of the tpi, take an unlit propane torch and open it and with the engine running at idle, move it around in the area of the whistle and if the idle picks up, that is the area of the leak and a little detective work is in order.

------------------
Leo Paugh
MCC #017
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm
There are no strangers here, only friends you haven't met.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great idea! thanks, i'll be in touch. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chev64:
To find that whistle in the front of the tpi, take an unlit propane torch and open it and with the engine running at idle, move it around in the area of the whistle and if the idle picks up, that is the area of the leak and a little detective work is in order.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts