Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a nice set of 8mm ignition wires for big block with headers.

I originally had moroso blue, 8 or 8.5 (i forget). THey fit great. But the plug ends are crap, and when you pull them off the plugs, the clip pulls off the wire and stays on the plug. THey were nice because they had long ends that were on a 30 or 40 degree angle.

I replaced them with MSD 8mm wires and the plug ends are small boots and 90 degrees which make the fit terrible. However the plug clips are molded in and really nice so they wont come out.

Any other suggestions I can try?

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I would look into the MSD 31379 wires. They are 8.5's, but the spark plug boot ends are bendable and adjustable to whatever angle you need. Did a set on a buddies Chevelle, and they really worked well.

Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THanks guys! If I remember Turd, those dont have the HEI boots on the cap side, right?

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mark, Ill check it out!

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One question about taylor.. they resistor core? All the ones I see are ferrite core, which if I remember correctly is not resistor

·
Registered
913 Posts
I used Accell Extreme wires, they have a high heat resistance and ceramic boots, anything else I tried was too close to the headers and got toasted. Mines a 68 with 396 and Hooker headers.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
One question about taylor.. they resistor core? All the ones I see are ferrite core, which if I remember correctly is not resistor
A VALUE PRICED 8mm HI-ENERGY PERFORMANCE WIRE THAT OUTPERFORMS THE COMPETITION!

• Taylor’s 8mm Hi-Energy Series is a High Temperature and Oil Resistant Ignition Wire available with two popular conductors: Resistor Core and Wire Core.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts