Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Need info. I have a new ford 9 inch with a spool in my camaro. Moser said that they recommend 80w-90w non-synthetic gear oil. I can not find it. All say synthetic or for street or limited slip. My car is not street diriven. Thanks

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem if it says "for limited slip or posi" as Jody said just get the recommended weight in a non-synthetic. With a spool you only need to lube the bearings, gears, and splines, no clutches, cones, ratchets, etc... The added limited slip friction modifiers won't effect the operation of your spool.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Did Moser give a reason? A spool needs nothing so the oil with the best shear quality (for gear wear) is what you should use. Everyone that I know with a really serious car uses synthentic.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant beleive all you find is synthetic gear oil?
regular gear oil is as common as ******** at a hog hollerin contest!
I know what you mean, I went to a local speed shop on friday and they did not even carry non-synthetic. Loal parts stores around my area dont stock it. If you have any brand names that you could help me with that would be good. Thanks again.

·
Registered
601 Posts
try auto zone or pepboys. just as big says its all opinion. some want synthetic but others want regular. but whatever you use and when you change it dont go back and forth. use the same all the time.:beers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts