Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need the upper outlet hose on the heater core (3/4") to come out and make an almost immediate 90 degree turn to accomodate the new DSE hood hinges that I just installed. A 45 degree would also work in a pinch. When the hood is raised the lower portion of the strut hits the hose and smashes it against the inner fender. I've been looking on Jegs and Summit but I'm coming up empty handed. Can you guys offer any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, this is an A/C car so I think to get the core out I would have to remove the fender or at the very least the inner fender to get to a few of the nuts on the firewall. After working on getting everything lined up for the past 3 weeks I would like to avoid that. In fact, I would rather eat worms than do that again!

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
maybe call DSE and ask them what they have to say- which will probably be something along the lines of "buy one of our $2000 AC setups to solve that problem, and hook it up to our $2300 billet accessory setup."

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Well, one option that doesn't invlove getting the core redone, would be using a molded hose with a 90* or an "S" shape in it and splicing back into your heater hose with a normal straight hose union.

If a parts store will let you look at their selection of molded heater hoses I'm sure you can find the right one.

Of course the drawback would be seeing those 2 extra hose clamps under the hood, but you might find one long enough you could use without splicing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe call DSE and ask them what they have to say- which will probably be something along the lines of "buy one of our $2000 AC setups to solve that problem, and hook it up to our $2300 billet accessory setup."
yeah, I am a little disappointed that for $700 that wasn't addressed. Other than this small problem the hinges are beautiful and are a huge upgrade from the original stock, repro hinges and original GMs that I tried.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was planning on using a set of steel braided lines but they are even less flexible than the stock goodyears

1 - 7 of 7 Posts