Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at a 91 with a V-8.. is all the add says, i was wondering if that was a good year?, what kind of engines came with that year? and is there anything i need to be aware of,as far that year/motor? thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
hey Chris .. 91 .. Good year .. I own 2 91's. If it just says V-8 .. it could be the 305 T.B.I. " Throttle Body Injection " ... or it could be the 305 or 350 T.P.I. " Tuned Port Injection " . Considering its still a Factory Engine.

91 is the first year with the Cool Aero looking Spoilers on the Front and the sides.... First year with the Nice 5 star looking Rims.. " optional " .. dunno if you have those on there .

Its probably a 305 RS .. which would make it a TBI.... there ok .. not many upgrades for that motor.... and would be really fun to drive if it came with the 5spd. and of Course .. if you got any of the T.P.I. motors " Z28 " Any tranny would be funny .. especially the 5 spd. !!!!

Hope that helps.

Rob.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob!..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll be honest...I got a 92' RS with the 305 T.B.I fuel injection and the car is nice to drive around and cruise in. However, if you want a car that will give you some fun and real excitement...hope it's the 350 T.P.I! I got a stock 305 and it's still fun. But...after driving my cousins 05' LS2 GTO...I just can't look at my baby the same anymore. :( lol
p.s. It's all ok thoug...cuz i'm building a completely forged 350 for my 86' Z28. That's gonna be some fun when I'm done! lol

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
up date, we ended up buying the 91 RS it has the a V-8 ill post some pics. its pretty fun to drive and its pretty low so when im in it i have to remeber to slow down for speed bumps.:eek: ..

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey, i finally have a pic on the 91 RS we just bought..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts