Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new here. I have a 1994 3.4 Camaro. For about a month or so, my car is hard to start in the mornings. Actually, it is getting hard to start anytime of the day. I also have a 95 that turns right over with one turn of the key. My 94 used to be the same way but now I have to crank it several times....sometimes after like the 3rd time it sounds like it wants to start so I let go off the key and it "sneezes" for lack of a better word....almost sounds like a backfire from a carb....if I had one..LOL It will usually start on the next crank and runs fine.
Also, I don't know if this is related or not but when I stop for a light, the car drops a few hundred RPMs and the car kind of shudders...never dies...just for a few seconds and then goes right back up to normal...other times it surges a few hundred RPMS and actually acts like it wants to launch...then goes back to normal. Like I said, I don't know if it is related...I am really more concerned about the starting. I have read in a few posts on the internet about the possibility of it being the fuel pump relay?? Possibly the fuel pump itself?? My question is...if it is GOING bad (the relay) would it do this...make it hard to start...it wouldn't start at all if it is ALREADY bad..right??? I can turn the key and hear the fuel pump kick on for few seconds. I have replaced the fuel filter yesterday. The fuel was clean and I had changed it already 10,000 miles ago. That didn't help BTW. One last question...could the Idle Air control possibly be the problem with the surges? Anyone heard of these cars doing this? Thanks! Dan

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
check rail fuel pressure...could be a going bad pressure regulator, or pump...usually the relay will work or not...the iac motor pintle probably is crapped up, making it surge...pull it out and clean the end, and inside the plunger hole...that`ll probably clean your surge right up...

·
Registered
9 Posts
mine is doing the same thing...lol I have put over 1000.00 in parts and still don't have it fixed. But on the high note it still starts and runs good after start. been starting for over 6 months with the problem :) I am going to try this too...........lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts