Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for looking at my post!
I've had a 94 v6 camaro for 2 yrs. now, with very few problems. Recently though the engine has been racing while in idle. At first it was only at 1.5 rpm instead of it's usual 1 rpm, but just yesterday when I went to leave a mcdonalds parking lot, it was at 2.5 rpm! I think this has something to do with the engine timers? Not sure what you call it and have no iead how to correct it. Although I have enjoyed the extra power that seems to be added by this change, I ought to fix it soon because of extra wear/ gas prices. The battery has also recently been dieing, might have something to do with it? I don't know, me idiot. If you have any suggestion to help a little V6 brother out, or if you know were I can get an online manual for my car please respond. :)
Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
your timing chain is probally stretched and about to go. you better get it changed and just go out and buy a haynes manual instead of trying to get free general howto

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 1994 camero RS that had same problem. It was the idle control valve. It cost 97.00 dollars to replace it. You can usally clean it/ It is part of regular maintence of the car. If you look at the intake where the rubber meets the metal part right to the left there are two electronic valves connected. The upper one you want to remove and spray off with carb cleaner. Note:
you will need to buy a special tip for your screw driver for the odd bolt. This will help alot if it does not replace the valve. I followed these steps and it fixed the problem.

mark(ca)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dave, Listen to the two above posts, the two things that are mentioned could cause your problem. Another thing that could cause is the fact that your battery keeps going dead, after you get it started,the computer has to reinitialize the program that the engine runs on, it has the capacity to learn the way its driven. Pardon my manners and welcome to one of the best sites on the net.

------------------
Leo Paugh
MCC #017
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm
the bitterness of poor quality remains, long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten

[This message has been edited by chev64 (edited 07-05-2000).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts