Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem with my camaro. i was heading to work and the check engine light came on, got off work and there was oil all over the parking lot. put it up on jacks and the oil pan was leaking. cant tell where its coming from because the camaro is so low and compact. i assume its coming from the head gasket? im not sure. it wont even start now, and i dunno if i should take it to a shop or what? if it is a head gasket i'd rather just buy the parts and have a buddy do it because ill get raped in labor at a shop. but, any ideas to what it might be? oh and also theres a weird clinking sound, but if i turn it doesnt make the sound. im lost...:(

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ouch. Something gave out and let your oil go back the the earth where it came from. I worry that the check engine light came on as a result of losing oil pressure and the clinking sound is engine damage. Have it towed (don't try to start it w/o oil!) to some place where you can get it up on a lift and find out where the oil is coming from. That's the first step. Once that is fixed, tap into the ALDL port under the dash and find out what that trouble code is that caused your light to come on. A repair manual should tell you how to do that. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts