Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is about to buy a 94 z/28, and I was wondering what we could do to make the thing runs 12's consistently, motor only. He's looking a headers, full exhaust, intake, and gearing, since he plans on buying the manual, which has a decent o/d. What do you guys think? I don't have experience with first gens, so I have no idea how easy LT1's wake up wih mods. thanks.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I would say to make a lt1 runn 12's you might need head and cam work, well at least early 12 to get it mid to late 12's i would say throttle body, mass air, headers, catback exhaust, centerforce clutch, gears, chip/reprogrammer,ram air, little bit of rear suspension work, maybe a hotter ignition/fuel delivery,underdrive pulleys, and well of course a supercharger! Tell him to get 98 or later with an Ls1, much better engine but totally weird, a LT1 is still pretty much a chevy 350.

[This message has been edited by cody (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
402 Posts
LS1=$$$...I've seen nice LT1 cars around my neck of the woods going for $6-$7,000, and a decent higher mileage LS1 is gonna go for double that...

You are on the right track mod wise...hooker LT's, catback, intake, maf, programming, pulley's, gears, and traction...that should get you close.

Good Luck,
Joe

------------------
79' Z28 Camaro 4-spd
WP Sportsman II heads, .480" lift cam, edelbrock torker II intake, 600cfm Holley, 1 5/8" headers, dual 3" flowmasters...life's a bitch but I deal with it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts