Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Rick's sold me one for one of my 69's about two years ago,..rebuilt, no core, $299. Ask for part number PDB-16. I give mine about a B+ rating,..there was some minor evidence of rust on the lower half and the plating wasn't as good as factory, but I've not seen many (any?) plating jobs that matched the factory color and quality.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I'm not sure if MacNeish has some for sale or not. I know he restores them and he did my 68 booster and it looks A++++++++ and you know it's done right.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Rick's sold me one for one of my 69's about two years ago,..rebuilt, no core, $299. Ask for part number PDB-16. I give mine about a B+ rating,..there was some minor evidence of rust on the lower half and the plating wasn't as good as factory, but I've not seen many (any?) plating jobs that matched the factory color and quality.

Good luck!
Most of the restorers now use yellow Zinc ---
it looks brighter then the "Gold Cad" that was used originally.

Wish I could find those for $299, try more like $599 these days. :eek:

FYI -- The correct part number is 9204.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Call Jerry he's back on Mon.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Steve Gregori did mine, which was in good shape. However he did my master cylinder cover at the same time, and it was rubbish. I talked to Steve, and he said, Garbage in, garbage out. It was not correct, anyway, so I kept and eye on ebay for a nice one. I forget the details of a "correct" one vs a "replacement" one, but do a search, if interested...there are some pics posted by Gary L , about 2-3 years ago. After a few months, I found a correct one on ebay for about $20-25 that was so nice, it did not need replating.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had my booster replated at Brake booster .com. It had to be polished on both sides and it came out great,very happy with the plating. Cost me $276.00 and that was shipping to Canada.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I did mine myself and had it replated gold cad at the local small airport. Places that work on props. for small airplanes usually gold cad plate them. I found the receipt, from a couple years ago, and all of my parts that I had them plate were $65. Just for information.
Greg

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yellow Zinc DiChromate was used ORIGINALLY........

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I don't know what Jerry uses, but it was like $140 and that included rebuilding and plating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts