Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how in the hell do i replace the foglights bulbs? does anyone know of an easy method, i tried chiltons, and they have very little, and very useless info, i dont want to pay 75.00 dollars for the mechaninc to do it!

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
Well I haven't done the deed yet but it looks like you just have to unbolt some of the plastic from under the bumper/fender and reach in and twist the socket out of the back of the lense. If the whole unit is replaced there is only one screw on the front.

Do some exploratory plastic removal but be sure to put it back on before driving the car as it's mostly there for directing air to the engine for cooling...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Take a flat blade screwdriver and a pair of long needle nose pliers.

1.) Start with one side of the lamp and go in from the front with the screwdriver. On the end, outside of the bracket, you will see a plastic retainer.
2.) This retainer is held in place by a center piece that expands the retainer flaps. Anyhow, use the screwdriver (by twisting it) to pull the center pin out of the plastic fitting.
3.) Once the retainer is approx 1/2" out, grab the pin with the needle nose pliers and pull it out. Sometimes it will come out by itself, and sometimes the whole plastic retainer will come out.
4.) If the retainer does not come out, again use the screwdriver to twist it out. Just make sure you don't drop it, or you will have to unbolt the bottom of the facia to get it out....
5.) Repeat for the other side. Pull the lamp forward and replace the bulb. Then re-install in reverse order...

This is how I have done it in the past (about 5 times now). Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts