Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Z/28 with no real options. The car has no air conditioning, no power windows or locks. The car is basically a lt1 with a 6 speed manual trans. Seems odd to me that someone would order a car this way. Any help on figuring out what it actually is would be great. All the codes are inside the glove box but not really sure what to look for. thanks Meich

·
Retired
26,616 Posts
Any Chevy dealer can tell you everything you want to know by the cars vin... You might get some info using the free portion of www.carfax.com but it won't be much. The MSRP on a stripped down Z28 was around $23k but the cars could be had for about $19k at the right dealership. I have never heard of no AC but no - power windows, door locks, cloth seats etc are very common as entry level low dollar V8 cars that have decent performance...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 95 Z/28 with no real options. The car has no air conditioning, no power windows or locks. The car is basically a lt1 with a 6 speed manual trans. Seems odd to me that someone would order a car this way. Any help on figuring out what it actually is would be great. All the codes are inside the glove box but not really sure what to look for. thanks Meich
Check your option codes in your glovebox for B4C or 1LE. B4C was police interceptor version but sure it had A/C. 1LE was performance package but I think it had to be put on a Z28. Either way both are rare, 1LE around 100 and B4C 310 from http://www.camarosource.ca/php/camaro_info_db/index.php?year=1995 you can find a reference to all option codes on that site.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Look on the codes in the glove box and check to see if it says "1LE" somewhere in there. If its a true Z28 it will have those letters there too "Z28"

and if its a "1LE" , all I have to say is "Lucky you !!" :yes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! I checked the codes and dont see anything really but an LT1 and Z28 in all the codes. Just must be a stripped out z28. Thanks again.

·
Registered
320 Posts
check out camarosource.ca, they have a decoder for all the rpo codes located in the glove box, just find your year, open up, and type in all the codes, it will decode for you.C

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had a 95 Z28 like yours, I sold back in 2002, loved the Car and bought that way in Indiana for SCCA SOLO events. When I moved to GA it was too much to have that car without AC. The window sticker was $22k, the only options were the 6-speed with 3:42 and the Eagle GSC tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts