Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I'm new to this forum. Been watching in the back ground for awhile. I am having a problem with my 95 it has a 3.4 litre 5 speed. When I turn the key nothing happens for a while if I turned the key hard it would start now nothing. Yhis is what I have done so far but with no results. I changed the clutch sensor. The ignition switch down on the column battery and starter, I don't think there is much more to change but it still wont start. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ed

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ed,
Is the security light flashing on the dash? If it is, your ignition switch may be bad. There is a chip in the key that must make contact with the ignition switch. That's what happened to me and of course on a Friday at work.

Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff
The light goes out as soon as I turn the key it doesn't flash. I don't know if there is another switch or relay after the ingition switch and before the starter.
Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone know about a starter engage module. They say its behind the IP on the right side of the radio. What do they mean by IP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Kev feeling a little dumb now. Well I found the problem It was the ignition switch. The new I got from the supplier was also bad. Starting like it should. Thanks again for the come back.
Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts